Sunday, October 10, 2021

The 2021 Walk to End Alzheimer's is now history -- and I was #3 funraiser!

Today was the Kennewick, WA Walk to End Alzheimer's, and I was awarded recognition as the #3 fundraiser for our area!  Some of you contributed to that, and I thank you.

I was also a planning committee member and event photographer.  I took two camera's, and Amy helped with shooting.  I probably have around 500 pictures I now need to load on the computer and edit.  I brought my drone, but the walk course was relatively near the airport, and I had trouble navigating the process to allow the drone to fly.  I did get approval from the FAA to fly in the park between 1 and 3 p.m. and no higher than 200 feet.  But I couldn't navigate the technology to tell the drone I was approved.  (The drone has interlocks to keep it from flying in restricted air space without approvals.)

As a consequence of all of this, I didn't actually walk the whole course...  But I've been working up to it, I was busy the whole time, and I have a lot yet to do to make the whole event a success for everyone.

Again, I am so grateful for all who contributed.

And BTW, it's not too late.  For another month or so, you can still contribute to my "walk."  Who knows, maybe I can still bump #2?  He or she wasn't very far above me.  If you want to help me rise in the ranks, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Kisunla

We reported previously that the FDA's advisory panel had recommended approval of the monoclonal antibody treatment donanemab.  This foll...