Thursday, July 9, 2020

More Etcetera

Consistent with my last post, I did get the written results of my tests of June 15.  They were, of course, what my neurologist said they would be.  They compared my 2020 results with 2018, and I could see the areas where I had weakened.  However, I then compared the 2020 results to my results of 2015, and I am still doing a lot better!

And so far, declining test results have not been reflected in declining abilities.  I'm still able to do everything I set out to do, although I'm being more cautious about what I choose to do.  Managing the complexity of getting the new book out is an example of what I'm fully able to do.  A role I'd begun to take on with the Alzheimer's Association (point man with our congressional representative) is an example of a source of stress I needed to shed.

Getting the new edition to Beating the Dementia Monster continues to be an important focus right now.  I got an author proof copy the other day, and I found several things that needed correction.  I found one badly misspelled word, and a number of formatting oversights.  Also, there's a graphic with poor contrast.  So I've corrected these, but I really need to see anther author's proof copy to make sure that I fixed everything well.  Too often, it looks great on the computer, but in real life ... not so much.

If all goes according to plan, I'll find the book ready to go by, say, next Tuesday.  At that point I can submit it for final publication.  Up to now, Amazon's robot has been ensuring that the book conforms to all of their requirements.  But prior to actual publication, a human must look at it.  This usually takes a couple of days.  So, who knows, maybe we can go to press over the weekend of June 18?  Readers of this blog will be the first to know.

I anticipate that the introductory price will be $0.99 for the eBook and $5.50 for the paperback.  After two weeks, this will rise to the regular consumer price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Kisunla

We reported previously that the FDA's advisory panel had recommended approval of the monoclonal antibody treatment donanemab.  This foll...