Monday, March 26, 2018

MRI Results

This morning, I got the results of the MRI of two weeks ago.  The results are that my brain has been stable over the past year.  The VA has passed the results to my neurologist, and she will review their implications with me when I see her for my annual evaluation at Harborview in June.  (I go to the VA for the insulin study, and I go separately to Harborview for my normal neurological care.  So they need to coordinate, and they do that.)

The radiologist report stated that there was no measurable change over the past year.  They remarked that the evidence of atrophy (mainly volume loss) noted previously remains.  

That's certainly good news, but I was hoping for better.  I was actually hoping for the increase in hippocampus volume that has been noted in some studies relating cognitive decline to aerobic exercise.

Six months remain for the insulin study, and I am now using the real thing.  I'd like to see MRI results after this six months, but no MRI is scheduled.  I likely won't have any more, because there are no more in the research protocol, and the insurance company won't see a need for another one at Harborview.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Kisunla

We reported previously that the FDA's advisory panel had recommended approval of the monoclonal antibody treatment donanemab.  This foll...