Thursday, March 31, 2022

Beating the Dementia Monster on TV in New York ... sort of

This morning I got an email from the director of marketing and communications for the Washington State chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.  She told me about this TV news story from New York about a man aggressively fighting MCI.  He said he had read books about MCI, and the camera showed several of them on his table.  They didn't talk about it, but one of the books was Beating the Dementia Monster.

They discussed what the man is doing to fight his MCI, and they showed him getting aerobic exercise on his morning jog.  They ran through most of the tools in the dementia toolkit, indicating that these were what he was doing.  (They didn't mention "The Dementia Toolkit" by name, they just listed what he has been doing.)

It would be nice to have the book be mentioned by name somewhere to get some more exposure.  We're still selling four of five books a day, and we've sold more than 7,500 copies when both editions are counted together.  But we're not selling the 20 books a day we were before Amazon clamped down on our advertising.

(Amazon's clampdown was a blanket prohibition on advertising on Amazon of any book that claims to show how to slow, treat, or cure any disease.  It doesn't matter which disease or how well founded or documented the claims are.  It's a long-standing rule that they seem to have started enforcing when covid-19 was new.  I guess they're worried about circulating covid misinformation.  I see a lot of books by highly regarded medical experts are no longer advertised on Amazon, so I don't think they're picking on me.)

1 comment:

  1. I loved your book and recently purchased another for a friend. I am caregiver for my husband. Sundowners symptoms are one of my worst problems. Do you have any sundowner symptoms? I really appreciate your blog. God bless you

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Kisunla

We reported previously that the FDA's advisory panel had recommended approval of the monoclonal antibody treatment donanemab.  This foll...