Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Conference First Day

 Today was the first day of our Washington State virtual conference for collaboration on making our communities dementia-friendly.  It runs two days, ending both days at noon.  I spoke this morning and will speak again tomorrow.  According to Zoom, we had a full 200 participating, but they anticipate another 30 or so will view the recording later.

Both days, my participation is as a discussion panelist.  There were four of us on today's panel, and there will be ten on tomorrow's.  Both days I lead off.

Both days, much of what we talk about is our reaction to earlier topical presentations.  Today, we reacted to the keynote speaker, an official with the organization Dementia Friendly America in Washington DC.  My main point was that I am very impressed with the toolkit the organization has developed to aid communities that have discovered they need to improve the habitability of their community for people with dementia.  I'm thinking that I'll likely follow up on that tomorrow, depending on whatever else I see before the panel discussion tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Kisunla

We reported previously that the FDA's advisory panel had recommended approval of the monoclonal antibody treatment donanemab.  This foll...