Thursday, July 23, 2020

Going to Amsterdam ... sort of

Every year there are many conferences of Alzheimer's disease researchers where they present the results of research and compare notes.  From what I can tell, the two biggest international conferences are in Barcelona and Amsterdam.  Important research with dramatic results is usually kept under wraps until it is presented at one of these conferences. 

This year's Barcelona conference was held early this year, and, of course, it went virtual.  No one was going to fly to Spain to participate.  Well, the Amsterdam conference is to be held next week, and it too will be virtual.  Which means, I get to go!  And so I am registered. 

The conference runs all week with, fortunately, a recap at the end of each day.  As I understand it, more than 1,800 research studies will be presented in one way or another.  Time zones are a problem, but each day starts at 8:00 a.m. Pacific time.  Presenters and participants will be distributed around the world, but the timing seems to favor North America.

If I learn anything I find interesting you can be sure that I will share it with you here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Kisunla

We reported previously that the FDA's advisory panel had recommended approval of the monoclonal antibody treatment donanemab.  This foll...