Saturday, June 2, 2018

More good news


We were in Seattle this week for my latest quarterly cognitive testing for the insulin trial.  These were similar to the tests of last November … an hour or so of tests, but not as comprehensive as the biannual tests.  (I had comprehensive, biannual testing in February 2017, August 2017, and February 2018.  The study ends for me in August 2018 with one last comprehensive testing session.)

So what were the results?  Pretty much unchanged from November 2017 when I did extremely well. As in November, in the test using 10 words, I could remember nine of the ten at the end of the test.   In the 12 word test, I missed one word, when I had gotten a perfect score in November.   I don’t think that’s significant.

I did better on this testing than in February, but that was because I had stayed up too late the night before the February testing.  I did not perform well then.

Since I’ve been off the placebo and on the real insulin since February, the study coordinator asked me if I thought it was working.  I said no, I don’t think so.

So what’s next?  We head back to Seattle on Friday for my annual cognitive testing at Harborview. (My brain gets to rest for a week.)  This is entirely separate from the insulin trial, but the tests will be similar to the comprehensive cognitive tests for the insulin trial.  They’ll run several hours.  For me, the insulin trial will be over in August, but I expect to continue to receive annual care at Harborview for as many years as I can get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Kisunla

We reported previously that the FDA's advisory panel had recommended approval of the monoclonal antibody treatment donanemab.  This foll...