Saturday, April 14, 2018

In the News

When I got back from Japan, my wife had saved a couple of articles for me about AD.  One that at first stimulated me but then disappointed was from the April 8 edition of Parade magazine.  It was the "Cheater's Guide to Beating Alzheimer's," by Paula Spencer Scott.  While it touched most of the lifestyle bases on dealing with AD, it missed the most important one: aerobic exercise!  This was inexplicable to me, except that I sense that the onerousness of getting to the gym everyday causes people to avoid that vital piece of the puzzle.

Appended to the article was a notice about recruiting for an upcoming study for asymptomatic people.  The intent will be to study the influence of lifestyle on vulnerability to developing AD.  The notice says that it will be the largest study of its kind at 2,500 participants.  You are encouraged to check it out at the ALZ web site.  Apparently it will be looking hard at physical exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Kisunla

We reported previously that the FDA's advisory panel had recommended approval of the monoclonal antibody treatment donanemab.  This foll...